Manage episode 300040238 series 2290057
Conductor George Marriner Maull and the Discovery Orchestra are teaching audiences to...Listen to Music!
In a time when we tend to hear music in the background, we’ve lost (or never learned) the skill of listening to music. How many of your audience members are reading the program notes or lost in thoughts about green beans? Probably most of them. Today we are learning how to teach our audience to listen.
Listen to the full, unabridged episode for free in our Patreon community at patreon.com/podiumtimepod
Today we discuss:
- The origin of the Discovery Orchestra, an orchestra that exclusively performs educational concerts (2:25)
- The format of the Discovery Concerts and how Maestro Maull teaches audiences how to listen to classical music (12:19)
- How learning to listen well through classical music enhances all the music that audiences listen to (23:23)
- The most effective pieces Maestro Maull has found for teaching audiences to listen (36:00)
- Maestro Maull’s closing advice, billboard, and hidden gems (45:49)
Visit the Discovery Orchestra at DiscoveryOrchestra.org, and watch their broadcasted Discovery Concerts on Amazon Video.
Find this and all other episodes at PodiumTimePod.com. Subscribe and download Podium Time on your favorite podcast player and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod. You can also join our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle to ask questions and continue the conversation after every episode. Want to send us an email? Use the contact page on our website! If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.
Support the show (https://patreon.com/podiumtimepod)