Manage episode 268641108 series 2077222
Leah Heimbach, is President and Owner of H M S, LLC in Fairmont, West Virginia.
HMS protects vulnerable populations and veterans. HMS blends their unique healthcare and technology expertise to create bold yet cost-effective solutions that federal and state agencies and their private-sector partners need to make sure your loved ones get the best possible care in nursing homes and other healthcare settings, no matter where in America they live.
Leah Heimbach’s career path has included— lawyer, registered nurse, EMT-paramedic, flight paramedic, administrator of a federally funded injury control training and demonstration center, and executive director of a statewide emergency-physician nonprofit — all of that vast experience converged when she co-founded Healthcare Management Solutions, LLC (HMS) in 2002.
Leah distilled a lifetime of high-impact roles into a business model designed to protect vulnerable people, which became her life’s focus and daily passion. She has developed and implemented compliance and risk management programs, reduced organizational costs by millions of dollars, and improved overall profitability for a variety of healthcare organizations.
Leah was one of our early guests on the podcast – Episode 14: Back on April 19th – 2018!
- 3:31 Leah take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:39 How did you get started in the healthcare management business?
- 5:44 What is your 30 sec. pitch for HMS?
- 6:17 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your business right now?
- 7:19 What geographic market does your business serve?
- 7:47 How many employees do you have?
- 8:19 What are things like for your business right now?
- 10:28 How did you adapt and prepare your business to serve more people during these changing times?
- 12:23 Why did you rebrand your company and what exciting things are you doing?
- 13:40 What is the long term vision you have for HMS?
- 14:36 How do you get the word out at the VA about what you’re doing?
- 16:28 PWV Commercial Break
- 17:10 What is a leadership lesson you’ve learned through dealing with the pandemic?
- 18:30 Can you give us some insight into some tactics you employed due to Covid-19?
- 20:43 What is one piece of advice that you would give to young business owners/ entrepreneurs in WV?
- 23:10 What is one thing you do everyday that you think contributes to your success?
- 24:54 How important is it that we maintain the personal aspect of small businesses right now?
- 26:37 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend to our listeners?
- 28:43 Is there anything else you would like our listeners to know about HMS or your story?
- 29:32 How can our listeners learn more about HMS and get in contact with you?
- 30:27 Outro