Manage episode 271721815 series 2077222
In 2018, Ascent Consulting and Engineering started in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Ascent has a diverse staff who brings expertise in nearly every facet of civil engineering. They’re committed to providing quality services, building long-lasting relationships and supporting and encouraging their employees.
Zach Assaro, a member at Ascent Consulting and Engineering, graduated from Fairmont State University with a B.S. in Civil Engineering and Technology. Additionally, he has 10 years of consulting experience in civil engineering, telecommunications and site development. Zach handles the daily operations at Ascent and works with the management team to efficiently guide projects from concept to completion.
- 2:50 Zach, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 3:44 How did you get into this business?
- 5:11 What is your 30 second pitch for Ascent Consulting and Engineering?
- 5:55 What range of civil engineering services do you provide?
- 7:59 Out of all of the services you offer, what would you say is your “sweet spot”?
- 8:26 How many employees do you have?
- 8:40 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your business right now?
- 9:13 What is the geographic market that your company serves?
- 10:20 What is the best business moment you’ve had so far?
- 11:24 When has been your worst business moment so far?
- 11:55 PWV Commercial Break
- 12:23 What is the long term vision you have for Ascent?
- 13:52 How do you attract new customers to your company?
- 16:02 Outside of Covid-19, what is the biggest challenges your business is facing right now?
- 17:30 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young entrepreneurs in WV?
- 18:38 What is one thing that you do everyday that you think contributes to your success?
- 19:40 How did you learn that effective communication is essential for your business to thrive?
- 20:36 What is one resource that you use in your business that you couldn’t live without?
- 21:29 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend to young entrepreneurs?
- 23:11 Is there anything else you think our listeners should know about your story or Ascent Consulting and Engineering?
- 23:55 What is the best way for our listeners to learn more about Ascent, and maybe even get in contact with you?
- 25:14 Outro