Manage episode 278337290 series 2440317
Toni talks with property strategist Jackie Tomes about how public speaking has been a vital part of her journey.
As someone who has created her own successful businesses, Jackie now teaches others to do the same and uses public speaking to share her message about both the good times and the things she has had to navigate around in business.
Developing and raising the profile of your brand is key if you are taking a long term view with your business and public speaking plays an important part in this as Jackie explains in this inspiring episode.
- If you are taking a long term view in business, having a brand is vital.
- Building a brand and raising your profile is all about the value you give and this grows goodwill.
- Public speaking is the vehicle you can use to get your message out there.
- It’s about achieving a balance between the value you give to achieve credibility and the processes you have for people who want to know more and pay for your services.
- Make sure it’s clear how you can help people and how they can work with you.
- Know what your personal values are, whose opinion you care about and that there will always be people who don’t agree with you.
- Deciding who you care about is a personal thing and will be different for everyone.
- Is the person giving you feedback someone you admire and respect?
- As humans, we take on what others say about us but it is more about the person saying it and where they are in that point in time.
- Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you don’t need to take it on board.
- When people judge you remember it’s on their standards, not yours.
- If you can find a way to be authentically you when speaking in front of an audience that’s freedom.
‘We would not be where we are today if it wasn’t for the public speaking route I took’
‘Public speaking is a huge part of the profile we have built’
‘If you nurture it and treat it in the right way a brand will pay dividends throughout your life’
ABOUT THE HOST
Toni Gargan is a Double World Record-holding Public Speaker, Mentor, Entrepreneur, and Professional Property Investor. She acts as the Director at Owen Oliver Property, a family-run property investment company helping others gain passive income through investing.
Aside from building her amazing property portfolio, she’s also a full-time mentor for property investors through Progress Property and Unlimited Success. Toni has since then discovered her true passion – helping others by training and mentoring through public speaking.
She now hosts her own show, Presenting, Pitching & Public Speaking Podcast, which aims to help you be confident, improve your speaking & communication skills and present better for you, your team, and your business.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.