Manage episode 305702246 series 2151759
Erkeda DeRouen talks to Michael Goldberg, the executive director of Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. He oversees the daily operations of the hospital to deliver the best care possible to their patients. Prior to him becoming the executive director, he was LIJ’s finance lead and has worked in financial and administrative roles since 2009.
Today Erkeda chats with Michael about how he found himself in healthcare, what it’s like to lead a hospital and the challenges he faced during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- [02:03] Why Work in Healthcare?
- [07:08] The Hardest Part of Managing a Hospital
- [08:32] Leading a Hospital During a Pandemic
- [14:13] What Michael Would Change about Healthcare
- [16:40] The Business of Medicine and Entrepreneurial Skills
- [21:42] Michael’s Advice to Pre-meds and Medical Students