Manage episode 304604127 series 2667338
Kevin Smokler joins us for the third least Quaidy project QIF has covered to date: Gang Related. It's Tupac Shakur's last film, and he's very good, but it's also three or four different films patched together into a quilt of dropped threads and tone problems -- and it's NOT very good, despite an all-star cast, a couple of hilarious line readings, and a guy we'll call Nott William Winters. And as for Quaid, well, if you ever wondered what it might look like to throw Andy Dufresne's Shawshank testimony in a blender with Jason Priestley trying to cry? Here it is. Paul Blart, Rampart Suspect, the retiring-cop boat trope, Quaid's Fugitive, and why you should probably watch Stakeout instead in an all-new Quaid In Full.
Overall score: 4.67
QQQ score: 1.67
Days since a lost Kuffs accident: 0
- Get EVEN MORE Qontent (...sorry) at our Patreon page
- Can YOU get past the first 27 seconds of The Dennissance?
- Kevin Smokler's movie is actually good; find out more
- Lawrence Van Gelder's review for NYT
- Stephen Hunter's for WaPo
Special Guest: Kevin Smokler.