Manage episode 275745569 series 97313
Things kick off with a discussion of election plans. What a time.
In an addendum to a previous topic, John talks about what it was like to actually attend the infamous Action Park as a kid. This leads to a discussion of the roller coasters and thrill rides that Merlin adores and young John very much did not.
In the extended members-only episode, John and Merlin listen to music that was personally recommended to them by you, the listeners. Go to https://www.relay.fm/rd to become a member today.
(Recorded on Thursday, October 22, 2020)
This episode of Reconcilable Differences is sponsored by:
- Hover: Make a name for yourself. Get 10% off any domain name.
- Burrow: Get $75 off your Burrow purchase—plus, fast & free shipping.
- Mint Mobile: Cut your unlimited wireless bill to $30 a month.
Links and Show Notes:
- Audio Editor: Jim Metzendorf
- Admin Assistance: Kerry Provenzano
- Music: Merlin Mann
- The Suits: Stephen Hackett, Myke Hurley
History of Kings Island Amusement Park in Mason, Ohio as told by Gary Wachs, the creator of Kings Island, and several influential people that had a hand in birthing the park.
The passenger capsules travel around the perimeter of the boom at 4 revolutions per minute (rpm), not particularly fast, but the "flip" around the end of the oblong frame causes a sudden burst of speed and sends the compartments flipping end over end.