Manage episode 283388614 series 2356568
Today, we are joined by a world-renowned business educator and coach, Dr. Marshall Goldsmith. He is the leading expert in his field. His singular ability to get results for top leaders has drawn over 150 CEOs and their management teams to address change in the workplace. They want what Dr. Goldsmith offers: practical and proven methods.
Aside from his practical and proven methods, Dr. Goldsmith is also the author or editor of 35 books, which have sold over two million copies, been translated into 30 languages, and become bestsellers in 12 countries. His two other New York Times bestsellers are MOJO and What Got You Here Won’t Get You There - the Harold Longman Award winner for Business Book of the Year. In February 2016, Amazon.com recognized the ‘100 Best Leadership & Success Books’ in their To Read in Your Lifetime series. The list included classics and newer books - management and self-help books. Both Triggers and What Got You Here Won’t Get You There were recognized as being in the top 100 books ever written in their field. Marshall is only one of two authors with two books on the list.
Marshall wants to help successful people achieve positive, lasting change and behavior; for themselves, their people, and their teams. Join us as we discuss his four decades of experience helping top CEOs and executives overcome limiting beliefs and behaviors to achieve greater success. Tune in and learn a thing or two to help you make your life a little better.
● Marshall’s Perspective on What It Takes to Be A Great Leader [3:10]
● Meaningful Behavioral Changes: Being Aware and Focused [15:20]
● The Daily Question Process [25:58]
● Misconceptions About Behavioral Change [39:10]
● Stakeholder Centered Coaching [44:00]
● Book Recommendations and More [53:10]
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● I believe anyone can be a leader in today’s world that’s why I’ve created a short, user-friendly book called Redefining the Top 1 Percent. Get your FREE copy by joining our Facebook Group here. Not only are you getting a free copy of my book, you’ll also get lots of FREE training and resources on a weekly basis.
● Learn more about Stakeholder Centered Coaching, a transparent process that guarantees measurable leadership growth, here.
● Grab your copy of Marshall’s books here.
● Connect with Marshall by sending him an email or through the following:
● Book Recommendations:
o Old Path White Clouds by Thich Nhat Hanh
o The Leadership Challenge by Barry Posner and James Kouzes
o How Women Rise by Marshall Goldsmith and Sally Helgesen
“It’s really easy to appear to be tall if you stand on the shoulders of giants.”
“The first thing is getting over our “macho” beliefs that we can do things on our own and we’re in control.”
“Get help from great people. Don’t be ashamed to get help.”
“Our mission in life is to make a positive difference, not to prove how smart we are, not to prove how right we are.”
“If you want to live a great life, live your own life. Don’t live somebody else’s life.”
“You don’t become what you think you should be.”
“Don’t be so busy climbing that corporate ladder trying to achieve success and forget about the people who love you.”
“We all regret the risk we failed to take.”
Ways to Subscribe to Redefining The Top One Percent: