Manage episode 283942176 series 2847432
In today’s episode, we’re reflecting on the meaning and importance of rest. As we explore the biblical concept of Sabbath and the ancient festival of Jubilee, we’ll find wisdom and principles that are still relevant for us today.
Leviticus 25:1-12 and 18-21
- Take some deep breaths to remember that every breath we take is a gift from God. While you inhale and exhale, reflect on God and your reliance on him.
- Invite God into an aspect of your life that feels exhausting. Tell him one thing that’s weighing on you and ask him for his provision. As you do, remember he cares for you and wants you to experience his rest. He hears you.
- Reflect on some of the gifts God has already given to meet your needs. What are some of the reasons you are thankful today?
Want to Go Deeper?
Check out this episode’s Bible study to watch a video and explore more detailed questions for personal study and group discussion.
- Host: Cheree Hayes
- Message: Dr. Carissa Quinn
- Production and Bible reading: Dan Gummel
- Theme music: Grant William Harold
- Background music: "Fire, Sleeper" by Dear Gravity and We Dream of Eden
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.