Manage episode 291649850 series 2847432
What does God really want as he relates to us? In this episode, we are reflecting on the book of Hosea, where we’ll discover what God desires in a relationship.
Here’s a quick overview. God promised to love Israel like a husband vows to love his bride. But Israel didn’t love him back––they cheated on him. This broke God’s heart but not his promise. God’s commitment to love his people is stronger than anything else. So while Israel still experienced the consequences of their unfaithfulness, God called them to remember his love and promised to heal the relationship. Jesus came to fulfill that promise for Israel and for us. And it’s because of Jesus that our hearts can be healed to faithfully love God back.
1. God wants to relate to us like a loving spouse not as a demanding boss. What are some of the key differences between these two relationships?
2. What comes to your mind as you think about God’s unrelenting love for you?
3. What might change in your relationship with God if you loved him the same way you’d want a spouse to love you? Think about it.
Want to Go Deeper?
Check out this episode's Bible study guide to watch a video and explore more detailed questions for personal study and group discussion. Go to bibleproject.com/study.
- Host: Cheree Hayes
- Message: Dr. Carissa Quinn
- Production and Bible Reading: Dan Gummel
- Theme music: Grant William Harold
- Background Music: Be Still the Earth, Cleanse
Powered and distributed by Simplecast