Manage episode 292309351 series 2847432
How can we show God’s mercy to people who’ve hurt us?
In this episode, we are reflecting on the final chapter of the book of Jonah. God doesn’t just want Jonah to preach to his enemies, he wants Jonah to share his compassionate heart toward them too. Will Jonah agree with God’s compassionate perspective? The book ends with a question to give us the opportunity to self-reflect. So let’s do that together.
1. Who is someone in your life you struggle to love?
2. Picture this person from God’s perspective. How does God see them with compassion?
3. What is one way you can join God’s perspective and show love toward this person today?
Want to Go Deeper?
Check out this episode's Bible study to watch a video and explore more detailed questions for personal study and group discussion. Go to https://tbp.xyz/reflections20.
- Host: Cheree Hayes
- Message: Dr. Tim Mackie Quinn
- Bible Reading: Michelle Jones
- Production: Dan Gummel
- Theme music: Grant William Harold
- Background Music: Josh Leake, Young Summer
Powered and distributed by Simplecast