Manage episode 292855801 series 2847432
Today we open the book of Job, a complex story about a good man who suffered the cosmic loss of everything. What did God want Job to know in the midst of his suffering? And what do we need to know in our own suffering?
In this episode, we remember that we’re not alone in hardship and that God is trustworthy. Even when the pain is so intense that we can barely see beyond it, God is at work limiting chaos and giving life.
1. What is one area of suffering in your life or in the world? Take some time now to tell God how you feel about it. He hears you.
2. Ask God for more understanding. How might he be working to limit the chaos in that painful situation? What comes to mind as you listen for his wisdom?
3. How might God be laboring to give life even in the midst of suffering? If you can’t see any signs of life yet, keep watching. God doesn’t let pain have the final word against his people.
Want to Go Deeper?
Check out this episode's Bible study guide to watch a video and explore more detailed questions for personal study and group discussion. Go to bibleproject.com/study.
- Host: Cheree Hayes
- Message: Dr. Carissa Quinn
- Production and Bible Reading: Dan Gummel
- Theme music: Grant William Harold
- Background Music: Sean Williams, Fortitude
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.