Manage episode 293379210 series 2847432
What does it mean to fear the Lord and be wise?
The book of Proverbs helps us understand how to live by God’s wisdom. It teaches us that true wisdom isn’t just knowing the right thing to do––it’s about doing it. But how do we know what the right decisions are in every situation? The Scriptures show us that God understands what is good and bad in the world. So to be wise, we must first recognize that our own perspectives are limited and God knows what we can’t comprehend. This humble dependence is called the “fear of the Lord,” and it’s where all wisdom starts. From this posture of reliance, we can begin to learn from God and live in light of his wisdom. So what does God say is wise? Jesus shows us the way. He perfectly embodies God’s wisdom and summarizes what it means by calling us to love others as he loved us.
1.What is one specific decision that impacts others that you are weighing right now?
2. Has Jesus faced a decision that impacted others in a similar way? How did he wisely love others with his choice?
3. With all this in mind, what would it look like to wisely love others with your decision?
Want to Go Deeper?
Check out this episode's Bible study guide to watch a video and explore more detailed questions for personal study and group discussion. Go to bibleproject.com/study.
- Host: Cheree Hayes
- Message: Dr. Tim Mackie
- Bible Reading: Michelle Jones
- Production: Dan Gummel
- Theme music: Grant William Harold
- Background Music: Pete Johnson, Reflections
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.