Manage episode 290473531 series 2847432
Who are the Hebrew prophets? What was the goal of their message? And how can their words bring hope to us today? God wants his people to flourish - to experience peace and joy in a community of love. But sin destroys a community. So God sends his prophets to warn his people, so they’ll turn from sin and its destruction. When Israel refuses to listen, they experience the awful consequences of their own ways, just like the prophets warned. But when Israel listens, they receive God’s promised mercy. And we can too. If we are honest about our sins, God forgives. Completely. That’s how God wants to show his faithfulness and justice to people. He forgives everyone who humbly comes to him.
1 John 1:5-9
1. Remember God’s desire to have a thriving and peaceful relationship with you and your community. What thoughts come to mind as you think about this?
2. What specific things are hindering your relationship with God and others right now?
3. Take some time to be honest about those sins. Confess them to God and receive the peace of his forgiveness now.
Want to Go Deeper?
Check out this episode's Bible study guide to watch a video and explore more detailed questions for personal study and group discussion. Go to bibleproject.com/study.
- Host: Cheree Hayes
- Message: Dr. Carissa Quinn
- Production and Bible Reading: Dan Gummel
- Theme music: Grant William Harold
- Background Music: Sean Williams, Remember
Powered and distributed by Simplecast