Manage episode 269749054 series 1197747
The Fix JA podcast has been a dominant force in media for quite some time now. The three co-hosts, Naro, Ari, and Javi, have dynamic chemistry and have achieved a synergy.
The Fix JA features the best of the best of the Jamaican dancehall and reggae scene. They cover what's hot and bubbling in Kingston from an objective point-of-view. The co-hosts interact with guests in a unique, honest, and real way.
We had the privilege of speaking with Naro, one of the dynamic hosts of The Fix JA, formerly Nightly Fix. From his base on the island of Jamaica, Naro keyed us into many aspects of the culture. If you have yet to check out The Fix, please do so as soon as you finish this episode.
Listen to Reggae Lover Podcast episode 205 - The Fix JA to learn:
- Do Jamaican youth respect dancehall icons and history?
- Are young people in Jamaica building sound systems any more?
- What is the importance of quality media platforms and voices covering our music?
- Why and how did The Fix JA podcast get started?
- How did Naro, Javi, and Ari became the co-hosts and develop their chemistry?
- How does Naro handle the controversy that surrounds him?
- How does The Fix JA crew get the toughest dancehall personalities to be vulnerable?
- Why is it important to give upcoming artists an outlet?
- How does one stay up on the latest dancehall music?
- What is the state of the Jamaican entertainment industry in this COVID19 era?
- Why do people around the world have more reverence for reggae than people in Jamaica?
It was a dope conversation. We look forward to linking up more in the future. As mentioned in the intro to this episode, we had to scrap the other segments for this week. Look out for more essential content curation in addition to some bonus episodes.
Please visit ReggaeLover.com to catch up on past shows. Make sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast platform.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/reggae-lover/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands