The pandemic and the opportunity for reform with President of the American Bar Association Patricia Lee Refo
Manage episode 275393753 series 2695368
In this episode no. 45 I speak with President of the American Bar Association and Partner, Snell & Wilcox, Ms Patrica Lee Refo.
This interview covers:
- The ABA’s mission, including racial equity and other practical strategies
- The current focus on unmet legal needs due to the pandemic
- The impact of the pandemic on the practise of law including remote working and training junior lawyers
- The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity facing the profession
- Who are the people best-placed to innovate and reform
- How the historic ABA resolution regarding reform was developed and passed
- The importance of experimenting and measuring what works
- The role of technology and paraprofessionals in creating more options for everyday people
- Specific ABA projects including Free Legal Answers, Legal Tech for a change, the Miranda tool and Floodproof app
- The power inherent in being a lawyer
- The need to build back justice systems that are better than before
- Ms Refo’s definition of legal innovation or, more particularly what it’s not!
Proudly sponsored by Neota Logic and Legally Yours.
Andrea Perry-Petersen – LinkedIn - Twitter @winkiepp – andreaperrypetersen.com.au
Twitter - @ReimaginingJ
Facebook – Reimagining Justice group