Manage episode 292969519 series 2797260
Investing in real estate does not always require cash and, in this episode, you will learn how to invest in real estate without tenants, termites, or even toilets! Today’s guest is Mark Podolsky, AKA The Land Geek, author of Dirt Rich: The Ultimate Guide to Helping You Build A Passive Income and Founder of Frontier Properties, a reputable investment company that specializes in the acquisition of raw and developed land throughout the United States. He has been buying and selling land full-time since 2001 and, by working smart, not hard, he has completed over 5,500 land deals with an average ROI of over 300 percent on cash flips and over 1,000 percent on the deals where he sells with financing terms. He wants to help you do the same, so tune in to hear his insight and practical advice for taking advantage of bigger margins and earning 300 percent ROI in what Mark calls the “gateway drug” to bigger deals, cash reserves, and opportunities!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear Mark’s story and how he discovered 300 percent returns in land investing.
- Find out how buying raw land to flip and sell actually works.
- The systems Mark created to automate the process of identifying land deals, from offer and acceptance to due diligence and closing.
- Taking advantage of big margins in an inefficient niche for hedge funds and private equity.
- Why Mark says land is a great “gateway drug” to bigger deals, greater cash reserves, and for gaining real estate experience.
- Some of the programs Mark has developed to help others through the process.
- Red flags to look out for, like superfund sites and what Mark calls “got-to-have-land ITIS.”
- Mark emphasizes that, while this is a simple process, “it ain’t easy.”
- What to ask your deal sponsor: how do you have skin in the game?
- Why Mark is most proud of remaining profitable between 2010 and 2012.
- His recommended books, which include The ONE Thing and The 12 Week Year.
- Learn about Mark’s number one key to success; meditation.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: