Manage episode 270638008 series 2522694
Jeremy talks with Christoph Zimmermann about Redislabs’ new JSON module, which is written in Rust.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to be interviewed, propose a topic for an episode, or help create the podcast itself!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [@15:12] - Why Rust
- [@18:57] - Mentioning Microsoft Presentation On Rust
- [@19:25] - Jeremy - Clarifying The Benefits Of Rust On Developer Productivity Compared To C++
- [@20:23] - Response To Productivity 00:21:12: Checking At Compile Time Helps
- [@23:29] - How have you found Rust as a Language For Interacting With Other Languages?
- [@24:28] - Were Most Bugs Around Unsafe Blocks?
- [@25:42] - Do You Think Rust Had Future With Redis Server?
- [@26:45] - Redis Labs Is Looking To Implement Further Modules In Rust Because Of Redis SDK
- [@27:39] - Overcoming Rust Learning Curve
- [@28:25] - Coming From 20 Years Of C To Rust
- [@28:52] - Jeremy - Rust As First Language
- [@31:30] - Comparing Languages
- [@32:24] - What Might An Application Look Like That Uses Redis-Json?
- [@33:45] - Performance Differences With Redis JSON 2
- [@35:14] - How Would You Overcome Rust’s Overhead Compared To C?
- [@36:32] - Do You Think (Concurrency Will Present Itself More Often In Future Redis Modules)?
- [@37:54] - Could Redis Move Towards A More Concurrent Multi-threaded Database?
- [@40:05] - What The Redis Community Does Do With Multicore To Increase Throughput
- [@43:27] - How Did Redis-JSON 2 Leverage Rust’s Type System?
- [@44:53] - Time Check
- [@45:10] - End Question: Distro & Editors Of Choice
- [@46:40] - ARM & Apple Chips
- [@48:17] - More Redis Resources And Community
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Cole
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Cole and Jeremy Webb
Hosts: Jeremy Webb
Guests: Chrisoph Zimmermann