Manage episode 278628462 series 2807047
Phillip is a product builder, software engineer, web developer & Digital consultant, the founder of Out Flash, a mass email service inside Outlook, Elementary Analytics a sense making platform for your website and social media analytics, Baitcamp, A log, planner and archive for fishing enthusiasts & Sensible Backup, a backup for your windows device made easy.
He currently works full-time as a software engineer where he has experience in desktop development, API construction & off the shelf apps integrations, while he builds his SaaS companies as his side hustle on his off time.
During this interview we cover:
- 00:00 - A word From The Sponsor
- 01:02 - Intro
- 02:07 - Phillip’s Background, current side hustle projects
- 06:44 - In What Stage & Size are These projects and Elementary Analytics
- 11:41 - Launching & What Channel did Phillip Find to Work Most Effectively
- 13:40 - Initial Costs to get Elementary Analytics off the ground
- 15:24 - Main challenges for growing Elementary Analytics
- 19:34 - Setting prices & Features for Elementary Analytics
- 21:26 - Freemium, SEO & CRO
- 23:53 - Why Not Partnering With a Expert Co-Founder on a Pain Point?
- 25:42 - Learning Experience & would Phillip Would do Differently Launching?
- 27:32 - Building a Product Without a Market VS a Product Proven In The Market
- 29:47 - Ideal Client Profile or Buyer Persona
- 34:30 - What is the Impact of the Product & How Does It Differ From The Competition?
- 30:00 - Advice for Those Who Want to Start Their Own SaaS Company
- 39:54 - Top Influential Resources for Phillip
- 42:20 Outro
Get In Touch With Phillip:
Tag us & follow:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HorizenCapitalOfficial/
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/horizen-capital
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saasdistrict/
More about Akeel:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/AkeelJabber
LinkedIn - https://linkedin.com/in/akeel-jabbar
More Podcast Sessions - https://horizencapital.com/saas-podcast