Manage episode 293960565 series 2361972
This episode of SANDCAST: Beach Volleyball with Tri Bourne and Travis Mewhirter, features recent USA Volleyball GOLD MEDALISTS Corinne Quiggle and Allie Wheeler, who took home the gold at the Bulgaria one-star. After winning there -- coming out of the qualifier to do so! -- they went to Sochi, where they nearly made it through a brutal country quota against Sarah Schermerhorn and Aurora Davis and Kerri Walsh Jennings and Brooke Sweat.
On this episode, we discuss:
- Corinne Quiggle's wild travels, in which she almost had to drop out of the event
- The difference between competing in practice and competing in an FIVB event
- How Quiggle and Wheeler overcame the nerves of their first international tournament to win gold
- How their partnership formed, and the progress they've made as a team
- What's next on the schedule, and the big goal up ahead
And much, much more.
This episode, as always, is brought to you by Wilson Volleyball, makers of the absolute best balls in the game, hands down. You can get a 20-percent discount using our code, SANDCAST-20! https://www.wilson.com/en-us/volleyball
This episode is also brought to you by Chasing Gold, a new non-profit founded by Matt Callahan and SANDCAST host Travis Mewhirter, aimed at funding aspiring Olympians to relieve the financial burden of traveling around the world. Read more and donate today at www.chasinggold.org!