Manage episode 326773599 series 3343049
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
We've taken Abi's Philip K Dick obsession to the main episodes. This one is a philosophical journey through our concept of humanity and we are so here for K's journey. Freda compares babies to plants, Abi is 32% replicant and nobody knows what it means to be conscious! We loved this movie and this chat is one of our finest, if we do say so ourselves.
"What is Ana?"
References, resources and tidbits:
- We may one day grow babies outside the womb - The Conversation
- Are you a Replicant? - BFI
- Edible Insects - Food and Agriculture Organisation
- Emmanuel Saridakis (2016) Information, Reality, and Modern Physics, International Studies in the Philosophy of Science, 30:4, 327-341, DOI: 10.1080/02698595.2017.1331980
- Like Stories of Old - In Search of the Distinctively Human
- Th3Birdman - Everything Wrong with CinemaSins: Blade Runner 2049
For some more delving into the question of reality and identity check out our Philip K Dick miniseries!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.