Manage episode 289763463 series 2616441
1. 21st Century Mahan: Sound Conclusions for the Modern Era, by BJ Armstrong, Naval Institute Press, 2013.
2. 21st Century Sims: Innovation, Education and Leadership for the Modern Era, by BJ Armstrong, Naval Institute Press, 2015.
3. Small Boats and Daring Men: Maritime Raiding, Irregular Warfare, and the Early American Navy, by BJ Armstrong, Oklahoma University Press, 2019.
4. “Things Done By Halves: Observations from America’s First Great Power Competition,” by BJ Armstrong, Naval War College Review, Vol. 73, No. 4, 2020.
5. “Summary of the 2018 National Defense Strategy,” Department of Defense, 2018.
6. Six Frigates: The Epic Story of the Founding of the U.S. Navy, by Ian Toll, W.W. Norton & Company, 2008.
7. Stoddert’s War: Naval Operations During the Quasi-War with France, 1798-1801, by Michael Palmer, Naval Institute Press, 2000.
8. On the Wide Seas: The US Navy in the Jacksonian Era, by Claude Berube, University of Alabama Press, 2021 (forthcoming).
9. Shaping a Maritime Empire: The Commercial and Diplomatic Role of the American Navy, 1829-1861, by John Schroeder, Praeger, 1985.
10. “A Hero,”by BJ Armstrong, Naval History Magazine, February 2021.