Manage episode 275846936 series 2510525
With so much attention focused on the Presidential race and other federal elections right now, we hope you'll find it refreshing to hear from Yuh-Line Niou, the only Asian American woman in New York's state legislature.
In this conversation with Rock the Boat podcast host Lucia Liu, Yuh-Line explains how and why she got involved with local and state government, and how her experiences as an immigrant American woman have enabled her to make a distinct impact in the New York state assembly.
The latest season of Rock the Boat, produced in partnership with Model Majority highlights Asian Americans working in government and civic engagement.
Reading and Viewing:
- "'I Can Still Smell Him': For 4 Legislators, the Child Victims Act Is Personal" by Corina Knoll for the New York Times
- Yuh-Line speaks against New York State Budget priorities during the peak of the pandemic's first wave in New York City
Rock the Boat is made by:
- Lucia Liu, Host
- Rachel Chou, Music & Sound Editor
- David Liu, Associate Producer
- Chia-Yi Hou, Blog Editor
- Emily Cheng, Email Marketing Manager
- Debbie Wong, Social Media Coordinator
- Margaret Zhao, Press & Partnerships
- Sung Hwang, Mental Health Events