Manage episode 292151657 series 1009005
A few weeks ago a shared a conversation on Clubhouse with photographers Ben Von Wong and Tim Tadder and I received a lot of positive feedback. If you're not familiar with Clubhouse, it's new social audio platform. It's currently still in beta, so access is still limited. So grateful to be able to record a couple of these and share them out so you can listen in.
Today I'm back with hosts Walid Azami (@walid.azami) and Mathieu Young (@mathieuyoung) in a Clubhouse conversation talking about creativity and my book Creative Calling. Some things we get into:
- We are the only species that trains the instincts out of our children. Inherently, we are creative machines, and tapping into that is key to not only success, but also more importantly, fulfillment
- Pulling the thread on the thing you know about yourself, whether it's inconvenient or not, you pursue it because you're following your intuition.
- Knowing when the burn the boats, but protecting against the downside
- Writing has been reborn in my life- radically important for galvanizing my thoughts, if you can't write it down in a way that makes sense to you, it's going to be hard to put that out in the world.
- Short term urgency, long term patience Seasons of life- we can't perform at the peak forever, the folks at the top of their craft take time to recover, heal, train and improve
- Once you find your thing, how do you execute? The creative challenges and tug-o-wars are universal- we all go through it. You're not alone.
Have a question? Text me 1-206-309-5177 Tweet me @chasejarvis
--- Today's episode is brought to you by CreativeLive. CreativeLive is the world's largest hub for online creative education in photo/video, art/design, music/audio, craft/maker and the ability to make a living in any of those disciplines. They are high quality, highly curated classes taught by the world’s top experts -- Pulitzer, Oscar, Grammy Award winners, New York Times best selling authors and the best entrepreneurs of our times.