Manage episode 262973179 series 2286887
This global pandemic has only magnified the fractures in our systems -- and even in our own hearts. In our final episode of season four, we’re asking this question: How do we not go back to the way things were before COVID-19? In our country, in our world, in our neighborhoods, in our families...in our own hearts? We don’t want to go back to normal. How can we pursue God’s Upside Down Kingdom...even now? Especially now?
In this episode, we:
- Share what life looks like, where we are
- Examine productivity as Worth within the Christian culture
- Look at rest as resistance
- Ask how can we begin to live like we belong to each other
- Talk about who we have been learning from during the pandemic
Join us as we work to be people who turn our gaze outward. May we live in the “and both” where we build our connection to Jesus and work for justice in a world in desperate need of love.
Recommended reading & resources:
- The Nap Ministry on Instagram
- Bread for the Resistance by Donna Barber
- Inspired by Rachel Held Evans
- Stephanie Tait on Twitter
- Shannon Dingle on Twitter
- Braiding Sweetgrass book
- Shannen Dee Williams, Ph.D. on Twitter
- America magazine article
News, Notes, and Links:
- Support more conversations like this on Upside Down Podcast! Please visit us, where you can pledge a few dollars of monthly support to help us pay our bills and keep the conversations going.
- Learn more at Upside Down Podcast.
- We’re on Instagram, too.
- Join the Upside Down Together listener group on Facebook!
Support the show (http://www.patreon.com/upsidedownpodcast)