Manage episode 293748422 series 2327091
Motherhood comes in all shapes and sizes. The intersection of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and motherhood is often left out of the discussion and single motherhood and IBD is pretty much ignored altogether. That's why I asked my close friend and co-founder of IBDMoms, Brooke Abbott of The Crazy Creole Mommy Chronicles, to tell me about her challenges and her successes living with IBD, a j-pouch, and being a single mom of a young son.
Concepts discussed in this episode:
- What Are the Five Love Languages?
- An Overview of Asacol (Oral Mesalamine)
- How Does Implicit Bias Influence Behavior?
- Black Women Suffer Most From Restrictive Reproduction Policies, Study Shows
- Racial Disparities in Maternal Health May Be at a Pivot Point
- How Prince Shook Up the Music Industry
- Motherhood Unplugged on Lights, Camera, Crohn's
Complete show notes and transcript found at https://aboutibd.com/?p=1965.