Manage episode 272062115 series 2405933
Let's talk politics and ideas for a whole new world! We’re thrilled to have interviewed Howie Hawkins, Green Party presidential candidate. If you’ve never heard of Howie, prepare to get inspired. Howie has been deep in fights for peace, justice, labor, the environment, and independent working class politics since 1967. His current big fight is for an Eco-Socialist Green New Deal — super interesting!
In this episode, we talk about:
- Howie’s policies, including what the Eco-Socialist Green New Deal is all about
- A vision for redesigning society that benefits everyone, and the environment as a byproduct
- Tips for activists on staying motivated to keep fighting
- The importance of local change-making in conjunction with systemic fights
- What we need to remember when we vote!
Learn more about Howie at www.howiehawkins.us
Follow him on Twitter: @HowieHawkins
Hey Change has gained a co-host, woop! Please welcome Madeleine Wallace and make sure to go follow her: @madeleinewallace
Also, there is now a PATREON page for Hey Change Podcast and we so appreciate any support. Buy us a climate coffee and we will continue creating conversations worth listening to :) --> www.patreon.com/theclimateoptimist
Stay in touch and always feel free to reach out with ideas, thoughts, or questions!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.