Manage episode 249747711 series 2429760
In this week's episode of the Garlic Marketing Show, we talk with Paul Rafelson, an e-commerce lawyer who’s hungry to fight back against Amazon and their increasingly shady online retail tactics.
Paul has served as in-house legal counsel for massive global corporations including Microsoft and Walmart. While working as a tax lawyer for General Electric, he started taking on numerous Amazon clients who were being crushed by taxes. Paul’s dedication to fighting against Amazon has led him to the Online Merchants Guild, a nonprofit trade association that advocates for fair e-commerce laws and policies.
Listen to the full Garlic Marketing Show episode with Paul to learn more about navigating complex tax laws and what you can do to prevent Amazon from destroying your e-commerce business.
What You'll Learn:
- How the Supreme Court’s Wayfair decision will impact online retailers
- What Amazon is doing to avoid taxes and legal liabilities
- The shady tactics driving the Amazon Basics product line
- Why you shouldn’t listen to any self-confessed Amazon “gurus”
- The reason you absolutely need to enforce your IP rights
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.