Manage episode 274984489 series 2429760
In this week’s episode of the Garlic Marketing Show, Ian sits down with Christina Nicholson, the owner of Media Maven- a public relations agency based in Florida.
Christina and Ian discuss Christina’s methods and tips for a successful pitch. She also discusses some of the best mediums to gain exposure on as well as how to be a better interviewee.
After spending ten years as a news reporter and anchor, Christina wanted a job that allowed more flexibility to spend more time at home with her family. She quickly realized, from her experience in television, that a lot of business owners lacked the skill sets to successfully pitch to television stations.
This started Christina’s career as a self-titled ‘professional freelancer’ where she helped clients gain media exposure. Before she knew it, she had a solid team built up and created Media Maven. At Media Maven, Christina and her team are dedicated to helping people and businesses earn media exposure without spending any money on advertising.
What You'll Learn:
- How Christina got a client onto The Today Show
- How to find stories that will trend
- Christina talks about her free masterclass that educates people on pitches that ensure publicity
- The advantage in podcasts when it comes to ROI
- The best pitch for getting on somebody’s podcast
- How to be a better interviewee
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.