How to Build a Brand with Personal Communication, Leadership, and Storytelling with Orlando Magic’s Pat Williams
Manage episode 265270354 series 2429760
In this week’s episode of the Garlic Marketing Show, Pat Williams, co-founder of the Orlando Magic, joins us to discuss what has brought him success as a business owner, marketer, and team leader.
Pat Williams is no stranger to success. In his lifetime he has managed numerous successful professional sports teams, authored 100 books, and established himself as an influential motivational speaker. In his personal life, he has climbed mountains, run marathons, survived cancer, and even has wrestled a bear.
Today he discusses the art of storytelling in communicating and how selling the experience in marketing while emulating an admirable persona will lead to success in business and in building a brand from the ground up.
What You'll Learn:
- The best communicators are storytellers, we’re hard-wired to retain stories.
- Study your mentors, leaders, and heroes to discover and adopt admirable, intelligent qualities to apply to business (and life). People flock to great wisdom.
- In leadership positions, study your people. Know and encourage their talents.
- In one way or another, everyone is a leader.
- What it takes to build and market a brand from the ground up.
- If you don’t market, nothing happens, sell the experience (Bill Beck’s influence).
- The most offensive thing you can do is bore people.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.