Manage episode 299668999 series 2499001
Your stories of the unexpected kindness you’ve found in the outdoors - from strangers, from nature.
We’ve all been finding solace in nature after a hard year, and we wanted to gather your stories to inspire a kinder outdoor world. Of course, as we’ve talked about a lot on the show - the outdoors is not a utopia, or a place we can escape systemic issues. But kindness can create a chain reaction that has long-term impacts for good.
Featured in this episode: Helen Wallis, Kelly Hines, Trisha Stull, Ruth Nolan, Lois Van Leer, Hiranya de Alwis Jayasinghe, Jo Ann Hickey, and Andrea Schmuttermaer.
Hosted & Produced by Gale Straub
Additional Editorial Support by Julie Hotz
A production of Ravel Media
- Featured in this episode:
- Trail Etiquette
- Melanin Base Camp: 7 Things My White Outdoorsy Friends Don’t Understand About Race
- Backpacker: Women in the Backcountry Don’t Need Your Help
- Climate Crisis
- IPCC report
- Intersectional Environmentalist’s Summary of the IPCC Report
- The Atlantic “It’s Grim”
- Grist: UN report places new emphasis on climate tipping points
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Goodr: Head over to www.goodr.com and enter EXPLORE15 at checkout for 15% OFF your entire order.
- Yonder: Book an escape in nature and find your Yonder at Yonder.com.
- Rumpl: Get 15% off your first order at Rumpl.com with code SHE15 at checkout.
- Pachamama CBD: Get 40% off Sleep Well CBD Gummies with code EXPLORE at checkout via pachamamaCBD.com.
Music is licensed through Musicbed.
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.