Manage episode 296286107 series 2499001
Palinor Velasco has always pursued an adventurous life, even before she found her place in and love for the outdoors. While newly sober, Palinor found healing in climbing and mountain biking, but an accident that affected her mobility made her rethink the levels of risk she’s willing to take on. Luckily for her, having a partner who is also a fly fishing guide got her to try a new way to recreate safely while recovering from surgeries. Fly fishing became her go-to way of getting outside -- and connecting with other women on the water.
This is the third of six episodes hosted by Gabaccia Moreno this year as part of our She Explores host residency program.
Featured in this episode: Palinor Velasco
Hosted & Produced by Gabaccia Moreno
Editing & Additional Production Support by Gale Straub
Editing Support by Julie Hotz
A production of Ravel Media
- Featured in this episode: Palinor Velasco
- Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Yonder: Get $100 off your first stay with the code SheExplores100 at checkout via Yonder.com.
- Organifi: Head to Organifi.com/explore and get 20% off your order with code EXPLORE
- Danner: GO THERE in Danner’s most iconic women's styles by visiting Danner.com.
Music is licensed through Musicbed.
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.