Manage episode 296957855 series 2499001
In our first episode on matrescence, we talked about continuing to carry a love for nature and time outside into pregnancy as we prepare for the major life change of becoming a parent. This episode continues into the next phase in the process, when the much-anticipated birth is over, and we step into this new role and all that it entails, indoors and out.
From the tender early days of the fourth trimester, to integrating the outdoors into your little one’s lives as they grow, the postpartum phase of matrescence is a complex period of healing, care-giving, bonding, learning and un-learning. It’s a time that can simultaneously hold grief and ambivalence, and profound joy — all in the same hand.
In this episode, we’ll hear from Rukmini Halliwell and Rachel Barrett again, speaking about the early days with their children Zen and Lola, who are now 21 months and 9 months old, respectively. And we’ll also be joined by Jessie Harrold, a coach and a doula who supports women through various rites of passage, including that of matresence.
Listen to part 1, available on your feed now.
Featured in this episode: Rukmini Halliwell, Rachel Barrett, & Jessie Harrold
Hosted & Produced by Hailey Hirst
Editing & production support by Gale Straub
A production of Ravel Media
- Featured in this episode:
- Submit Your Story of Kindness
- Matrescence--What is it?
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Yonder: Get $100 off your first stay with the code SheExplores100 at checkout via Yonder.com.
- Goodr: Get 15% off your sunglasses order by using the code EXPLORE15 at checkout at Goodr.com.
- Danner: GO THERE in Danner’s most iconic women's styles by visiting Danner.com.
- Organifi: Head to organifi.com/explore and use code EXPLORE for 20% off.
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.