Manage episode 299236653 series 2665606
Dr. Kristin Neff is an associate professor of educational psychology at the University of Texas at Austin and is the author of two books, including her newest, “Fierce Self-Compassion: How Women Can Harness Kindness to Speak Up, Claim Their Power, and Thrive”. Dr. Neff is a pioneer in the field of self-compassion, developing an evidence-supported training program called Mindful Self-Compassion. Today, Dr. Neff unpacks what self-compassion is, along with the difference between tender and fierce self-compassion, and why we need both to support resilience in times of transition. She teaches simple practices for connecting deeper to yourself to ease emotional discomfort, and shares how to reframe your pain and remember you aren’t alone.
Today on The Healing Catalyst:
- Tender vs. fierce self-compassion and why we need both
- Why self-compassion is the best practice for difficult times
- How self-compassion increases authenticity
- The connection between gender equality and self-compassion
- Why it’s critical we turn inward to ask ourselves what we need
- Why men are more self-compassionate than women
Follow Dr. Neff:
- Instagram: @NeffSelfCompassion
- Website: self-compassion.org
- Book: Fierce Self-Compassion
- Documentary: The Horse Boy
- Sign-up for the Energy Reset Masterclass: avanti-kumar-singh.mykajabi.com/energy-reset
- Join The Healing Catalyst Collective and access resources for this episode.
Connect with Dr. Avanti:
- Subscribe, Rate and Review: The Healing Catalyst podcast
- Website: avantikumarsingh.com
- Avanti’s Book: The Health Catalyst
- IG: @avantikumarsingh
- Podcast: avantikumarsingh.com/podcast
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions