Manage episode 285108184 series 2665606
Today, Dr. Avanti unpacks how our brain biochemistry leads us to abandon positive habits and New Year’s resolutions, not a lack of willpower. Through food, alcohol, shopping, and other behaviors, our brains get a rush of the feel-good hormone dopamine, which can result in cravings and even addiction. She provides resources and easy tips for bringing your brain biochemistry back into homeostasis so you can heal and calm your mind!
Today on The Healing Catalyst:
- How our brain chemistry leads us to abandon New Year’s resolutions
- The common stressors that cause dopamine surges
- Why processed foods can be addictive
- The change in brain chemistry that leads to addiction
- 3 ways you can calm your brain using Ayurveda
- Quick & easy food changes with profound effects
- Sign-up to become a founding member of The Healing Catalyst Collective and access resources for this episode.
- Referenced article: The resolution solution
- Click here to listen and subscribe to The Kelli Show!
- Listen: Overcoming My Own Limiting Beliefs
Connect with Dr. Avanti:
- Website: avantikumarsingh.com
- IG: @avantikumarsingh
- Podcast: avantikumarsingh.com/podcast
- Book: The Health Catalyst
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions