E50. How Christy was able to charge premium fees - even while working with “Creatives” during COVID-19.
Manage episode 282599392 series 2794634
Today we’re speaking with Christy Merriner, a therapist based in Los Angeles who opened her private practice in March 2020, right as COVID lockdowns began.
Ready to have your first 6-figure year? Click here to Join us for FEE WEEK: Roadmap to your 6-Figure 2021.
Christy is going to tell us her story on how she went from charging $150/session to now charging $225/session. She gives us a look at how being snapped into reality by having to undergo back surgery was the catalyst that solidified the fact that she had to raise her fees in her private practice so she could take better care of herself.
Christy also discusses her money mindset growing up and how it has changed. She goes on to talk about her upbringing and how it has shaped her role as the primary breadwinner in her relationship.
In this episode, Christy will share:
- How she was able to charge premium fees during covid even with a very specific niche of musically inclined patients;
- How back surgery helped her realize she NEEDED to charge more;
- How she had to overcome feelings of guilt and martyrdom that stemmed from her Catholic upbringing;
- How she had to step up and become the primary breadwinner, without financial support from anyone else;
- Three tips that therapists can use to confidently refer out even during uncertain times.