Manage episode 290314561 series 2795902
In this episode, we invite CFO consultant and real estate investor Alastair Beard to take us on his global investment journey. Uncover the keys to investing from afar as Marck and Alastair discuss investing in the US housing market during the global financial crisis. Learn how to do your due diligence when investing from across the world, and how to be realistic when analyzing your returns and diversifying your risks. Alastair also shares some of his biggest regrets in his investment career and the takeaways from those experiences.
KEY POINTS / MAIN TAKEAWAYS:
- Alastair’s investment process during the GFC.
- Getting comfortable with being an early adopter.
- Are you investing out of logic or emotion?
- The logistics behind doing due diligence.
- What is a reasonable return when deploying assets?
- Thoughts on analyzing returns and diversifying risk.
- Perspectives of a CFO on different sectors of the economy.
- Biggest takeaways and mistakes from real estate investing.
“Everybody's looking at the houses in their own block. It's more interesting and I think it's more valuable to lift your eyes and look at bigger opportunities.”
PRODUCTS / RESOURCES:
Visit Marck's website at https://www.mistakefreerealestate.com
Order his book 'MISTAKE FREE REAL ESTATE' here: https://www.amazon.com/MISTAKE-FREE-REAL-ESTATE-investors/dp/0578233916/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1JCV8Y9WFF51M&dchild=1&keywords=mistake+free+real+estate&qid=1595431508&sprefix=mistake+free+real+%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-2
Or read a free chapter first here: https://www.mistakefreerealestate.com/#Chapter
MistakeFREE Real Estate is edited by Instapodcasts (visit at www.instapodcasts.com)