Manage episode 285622743 series 2818835
Ryan Polich is a design director at Lucia Marquand, a design agency in Seattle that develops designs and produces books for museums and other cultural institutions.
- What Ryan does at Lucia Marquand [0:31]
- The process of designing a book [3:33]
- What a physical book can be [7:26]
- Solving your client’s problems [9:35]
- Favorite books Ryan has worked on [10:16]
- Interpreting a collection into a book [12:30]
- Crediting designers for work in different mediums [14:38]
- How Ryan became a book designer [16:23]
- How to choose typography for a project [20:03]
- Designing for the present vs. designing for the future [23:10]
- Favorite books Ryan didn’t work on [25:44]
- Ryan’s favorite typefaces, and ones he considers most overused [27:45]
Clyde Golden is a creative agency in Seattle specializing in research, strategy, and content creation via Customer Journey programs.