Manage episode 288454041 series 2872248
Theme-spotting: (Altered) Force theme, Rose's theme.
Soundtrack: "Fun with Finn and Rose"
- Voicing Luke Skywalker for the first Battlefront video game: the process and challenges.
- How voice acting works in a film, how voice acting differs from physical acting, and what the ADR (Additional Dialogue Replacement) process is like.
- Andy Serkis, Snoke vs. Golem vs. Stitch.
- Chewbacca's different vocalizations.
- Different interpretations of Holdo's Force theme teaser.
- The qualities and cadences of Mark Hamill's voice, from young Luke to old Luke.
- Our first impressions of Rose's theme.
- Vocal placement and the head as a resonance chamber.
- A demonstration of different accents, vocal placements, and voices (Obi-Wan, Luke, Yoda, Vader, etc).
- Tips on exploring the limits of your own voice at home.
Note: While leitmotif names are completely up to interpretation, I use the names from Frank Lehman's Complete Catalogue of the Musical Themes of Star Wars. I find this resource to be the most careful, objective, well-organized, and up-to-date guide of its kind.