Manage episode 329928648 series 2872248
"Lando's Closet" is the horniest cue on the Solo soundtrack, Y/N? Crystal Beth joins me today for a discussion about minutes 66-70 of Solo: A Star Wars Story!
- 00:00 - Hello there!
- 02:32 - Cue naming conventions.
- 10:02 - Secrets theme 6x buildup.
- 12:43 - Horniness of this cue. Roller coaster.
- 14:38 - Narrating the roller coaster of the full cue.
- 17:16 - Buzzkill version in the film.
- 22:25 - Wanting to be sold on Han + Qi'ra's passion. Why this scene perhaps doesn't feel "true."
- 25:34 - Why it's harder to talk about music than other aspects of film.
- 32:02 - Xanthe's mic goes AWOL... back at 32:18.
- 39:07 - Thoughts about musical fan service, appreciating the Easter eggs
- 42:54 - Too soon for a Han movie? Desensitization.
- 50:08 - Fav Star Wars books?
- 53:30 - Comedian's perspective on L3-37 vs. K2SO vs. Peli Motto vs. Poe. Dryness, grounded-ness, casualness, improvisation.
- 59:15 - Crew of Solos?
- 1:02:01 - The "business" of a scene (in relation to L3 and Qi'ra's private chat).
- 1:12:15 - Rundown of musical themes and soundtrack titles from these minutes.
- 1:13:26 - SWMM Questionnaire
Things to Check Out:
- A Brief History of Cue Numbering: http://musicbehindthescreen.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-brief-history-of-cue-numbering.html
- "Lando's Closet" from Solo: A Star Wars Story (John Powell): https://youtu.be/wummwZCt5s0
- Angels in the Outfield - Ranch Wilder fired: https://youtu.be/tsiAhizVOKs
- Chrysanthe on Star Wars Minute mentioning that they are NOT a fan of the L3 stuff: https://youtu.be/ybX1EzzP7S4
- Crystal Beth on Star Wars Minute mentioning that she IS a fan of the L3 stuff: https://youtu.be/hiSYhmUetU0
- Complete Catalogue of the Musical Themes of Star Wars (by Frank Lehman): https://franklehman.com/starwars/.
- 4. Han & Q'ira
- 3. Secrets
- 2. Rebel Fanfare
- 1. Young Han Solo (Heroic, comp. JW)
Where are we in the soundtrack(s)?:
- "Lando's Closet" or "Lando's Closet (4M28)"
- "Trust No One (4M29)"
- This also shows up in the Shazam test: "Super Extra Deluxe End Credits Suite (7MEC)"
STAR WARS MUSIC MINUTE QUESTIONNAIRE:
1. In exactly 3 words, what does Star Wars sound like?
- Home. Excited. Adventure.
2. What's something related to Star Wars music or sound that you want to learn more about?
- All of it. Everything.
3. What's a score or soundtrack you're fond of besides anything Star Wars?
- Contact (composed by Alan Silvestri)
Guest: Crystal Beth
- Website: https://thecrystalbeth.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheCrystalBeth
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecrystalbeth/
- The Fifth Eleminute podcast: https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/pn3tj-4aa52/The-Fifth-Eleminute-Podcast
Want to support the show and join our Discord server? Consider becoming a patron! https://patreon.com/chrysanthetan
Leave a voice message, and I might play it on the show... https://starwarsmusicminute.com/comlink
Where else to find SWMM:
- Spotify: https://smarturl.it/swmm-spotify
- Apple Podcasts: https://smarturl.it/swmm-apple
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/starwarsmusicminute
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@starwarsmusicminute?
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StarWarsMusMin
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/starwarsmusicminute
- Buy Me A Coffee: https://buymeacoffee.com/starwarsmusmin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org