Manage episode 300244874 series 2909594
Your host Bryce Henson interviews good friend Todd Durkin, a world class trainer, speaker, author, and founder of Fitness Quest 10. Get an inside look into how Todd got started in the fitness industry and his challenges with an intense football injury. Hear about how his passion for coaching runs deep, where it’s sourced from, and how it fuels him. Listen along for what he sees for the fitness industry over the next 18 months and how important fellowship and health are.
- 00:48 - Our host Bryce introduces today's guest, world-class trainer, speaker, author, and founder of Fitness Quest 10 Todd Durkin.
- 2:00 - Hear how Todd mistakenly got into the industry from a football injury.
- 3:48 - Todd shares how at 27 he went back to graduate school while struggling to figure out what he wanted to do while trying to heal his back without surgery.
- 5:16 - 2010 Todd opened his first business, Fitness Quest 10.
- 11:00 - Bryce asks Todd to share some insight into what it has been like working with professional athletes.
- 16:56 - We learn the difference between training professional athletes and regular Joes and what they have in common.
- 20:00 - Todd gives us an inside look at all the different aspects of coaching that he embodies and uses with his clients.
- 25:15 - Learn about Todd’s icon, his high school coach, and how he put coaching in his soul.
- 33:05 - Bryce asks Todd to share his thoughts on the adversary and his knee replacement.
- 39:45 - Bryce taps into Todd’s thoughts on where the fitness industry is going in the near future. Hear how he predicts an epic return over the next 18 months.
- 45:46 - Listen in for what's next for Todd!
- 49:15 - Bryce’s famous lightning round Q&A: Q: What is your zone of genius? A: Mentoring and writing. Q: What is the biggest piece of advice you have been given? A: Don’t make your decisions on what other people think, make it on what's best for you. The 6 F’s, fear, frustration, and failure are overcome with faith, forward-thinking, and follow-through. Q: What is your biggest source of passion? A: Spending time with my family! Q: Book recommendation? A: “Relationship Grit” by John Gordan.
- 1:02:55 - Todd imparts some wisdom for those looking to get started in the industry and to keep those currently in it motivated.
- 1:05:35 - - Check out Todd’s Books, “Get Your Mind Right” and “The Wow Book” along with all of his amazing offerings at www.todddurkin.com and on Instagram @todddurkin.
Fear, frustration, and fa