Manage episode 292538116 series 2909594
Within the walls of any successful fitness gym, it's the culture that sets the stage for success. As an owner, it's your responsibility to put the right people in place who carry out the values, mindset, behaviors, and beliefs that inspire clients to keep coming back. The bottom line is that culture will make or break your organization and be your greatest competitive advantage if done right.
In today's Fitness Franchise Podcast, Bryce Henson speaks with CJ Wehrkamp, a Fit Body Boot Camp franchise owner and CAP Coach (Coaching & Profitability), who helps dozens of franchise owners scale their business.
CJ gives us his insight into building a winning team that shares your vision, the importance of leading yourself before others, employees versus team members, how to follow up with leads, working with family, and so much more.
"When you're in the moment, you don't really see the learning lessons you could take from a situation. But what I learned is how you lead yourself, and your team is everything." -CJ Wehrkamp
Here's what you don't want to miss:
- 2:40 What it takes to build self-confidence and going with your gut
- 7:12 Lessons learned and how to set your team up for success
- 8:26 How to differentiate an employee from a team member
- 10:25 Starting a new location and facing the many unknowns
- 13:25 Being in the trenches and getting your business off the ground
- 15:05 The importance of leading yourself before leading others
- 18:15 Working on the business versus working in the business
- 20:29 Build a team that genuinely loves showing up every single day
- 24:30 Being above average and why you should be client-centric
- 27:00 How to build a team culture that clients love to experience
- 30:20 The perfect follow up system and increasing client retention
- 34:10 Re-engaging leads and levering new programs to add value
- 37:08 Evolving your marketing strategy and reaching more leads
- 43:10 Working with family and setting the right expectations
- 48:15 How to deliver an epic amount of energy for your clients
- 53:00 Making decisions and course-correcting along the way
- 57:07 The importance of vision and the support of your team
Connect with us on the socials: