Manage episode 282087882 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 212 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome Dr. Peggy Kleinplatz to the podcast. In this episode Dr. Kleinplatz talks to me about learning to be present to have more fulfilling sex, how you can learn to be more present and how this is possible for anyone to achieve.
Peggy J. Kleinplatz, Ph.D., is Professor in the Faculty of Medicine and Director of the Optimal Sexual Experiences Research Team at the University of Ottawa, Canada. Please see She is a Certified Sex Therapist and Educator.
Kleinplatz has edited four books including Sadomasochism: Powerful Pleasures with Charles Moser, Ph.D., M.D., Sexuality and Ageing (2015) with Walter Bouman, M.D. and notably New Directions in Sex Therapy: Innovations and Alternatives, winner of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counsellors and Therapists (AASECT) 2013 Book Award.
In 2015, Kleinplatz received the AASECT Professional Standard of Excellence Award. She is the author with A. Dana Menard, Ph.D. of Magnificent Sex: Lessons from Extraordinary Lovers (2020), winner of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research Consumer Book Award for 2021.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Looking at the findings of the studies Dr Kleinplatz conducted
- How many people feel a poorer sex life is just a trade-off of getting older
- Ways in which you can learn to fully be present during sex
- The importance being present has for fulfilling sex
- How did Dr Kleinplatz define what good sex is in their study?
- The ways in which group therapy can help to overcome these issues
- Why group therapy may work better for you rather than a one to one
- Understanding that learning to be present isn’t about sexual technique
- Why better sex through being present is possible for anyone to achieve
Find Dr. Peggy Kleinplatz
Quiz: What Kind of Lover are You?http://www.sexologypodcast.com/lover/
Find Dr. Moali online
Find me on social media
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio