Manage episode 283189827 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 214 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome Dr. Sarah E. Hill to the podcast. In this episode, Dr Hill speaks with me about the issues around birth control and sex, how birth control affects sexuality, the side effects of birth control and recommendations on the best practices for women to follow.
Dr. Sarah E. Hill is at the forefront of research on the effects of the pill on women’s psychology. A star psychologist with a PhD from the University of Texas, she is currently a researcher and professor with more than 50 published scientific articles to her name.
Her ground-breaking research on women, health, and sexual psychology has garnered more than half a million dollars in grant funding and has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Scientific American, The Economist, and many others.
Most recently, Sarah has authored “This is your brain on birth control: the surprising science of women, hormones, and the law of unintended consequences”, which has been published in several languages around the world and featured on TV shows like “Today” and Great Britain’s “This Morning”.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How she became interested in birth control and its relation to sex
- The different ways birth control can affect women’s moods
- What is contained within birth control pills?
- The ways in which women’s bodies can be impacted by birth control
- Looking at the side effects of birth control
- How birth control effects sexuality and desire
- Taking a look at the role natural selection plays in this issue
- Should you take testosterone if you have low desire?
- Recommendations from Dr. Hill on the best practices for women to follow
Find Dr. Sarah E. Hill online
Find Dr. Moali online
Find me on social media
25 Ways to Increase Desire
We are so excited to celebrate our 4th anniversary! As a token of our appreciation, we’re teaming up with Promescent to give away a bundle box (worth $154). The box includes:
- Delay Spray
- Female Arousal Gel
- Organic Based Lube
- Before & After Wipes
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio