Manage episode 277722541 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 204 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome Ian Kerner, PhD, LMFT to the podcast. In this episode Ian speaks with me about the psychological reasons men have low desire, the negative consequences shame can have on your sex life and learning to reconnect with your sexual self.
Ian Kerner, PhD, LMFT is a licensed marriage and family therapist and nationally recognized sexuality counselor who specializes in sex therapy, couples therapy and working with individuals on a range of relational issues. Ian is the New York Times best-selling author She Comes First (Harper Collins), which has been translated into more than a dozen languages. He regularly consults for articles in major publications such as The Atlantic and The Economist, and he also writes on the topic of sex for CNN Health. He is the co-director of the sex therapy program at the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy, one of New York's oldest and most respected not-for-profit mental health training and treatment facilities.
In addition to being a Clinical Fellow of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Ian is certified by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists and he is also a member of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR) and The American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA). Ian was born and raised in New York City, where he maintains a private practice and lives with his wife and two sons, and their beloved dogs, Jitterbug and Oscar.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Looking the psychological reasons men have low desire?
- Why we as individuals want to self-actualize more
- Learning to expand your erotic space that will lend itself to desire
- How your self image can affect how you are in the bedroom
- Looking at the sexual boredom study Ian previously conducted
- The negative consequences shame can have on your sex life
- Why we might have become disconnected from our sexual selves
- Learning to reconnect with your sexual self
- The role that porn plays around this issue
Find Ian Kerner, PhD, LMFT online
Find Promescent Online
Discount Code – sexology15
Find Dr. Moali online:
Find me on social media:
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali:
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio