Manage episode 285673229 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 218 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome August McLaughlin to the podcast. In this episode August speaks with me about sexual connections in long term relationships, accessing your sexual power and ways in which we can discover our sexual values.
August McLaughlin is a nationally recognized journalist, media personality, author of Girl Boner and host and producer of the podcast, Girl Boner Radio, which has been compared to “Sex in the City” meets NPR’s “Fresh Air.”
Her articles and expertise have been featured in a range of publications including Cosmopolitan, The Washington Post, DAME Magazine, O: The Oprah Magazine, Forbes, Shape and Bustle. Known for melding personal passion, artistry and activism, August uses her skills as a journalist and podcaster to encourage others to embrace their bodies, sexuality and selves, making way for fuller, more authentic lives.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How important is sexual connection a long-term relationship?
- Understanding the good sex can take effort & planning
- Ways in which we can discover our sexual values
- Overcoming issues of resentment
- Looking at issues of rejection
- Learning to access your sexual power
- How we can deal with things like negative body image
- Sex frequency – Quality over quantity!
- Exploring masturbation
- How honest and open communication with your partner will improve your sex life
- Why lube can be a great way to improve your sex life
- Developing a mutual sexual plan that works for you and your partner
Find August McLaughlin
Be part of our sexual health research survey
Take this survey so we can find out what topics you’d like us to cover in the future:
Find Dr. Moali online
Find me on social media
25 Ways to Increase Desire
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio