Manage episode 286312740 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 219 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome Katherine Angel to the podcast. In this episode Katherine talks about her new book, Tomorrow Sex Will Be Good Again, what the inspiration was behind the book, looking at issues of consent and how you can empower your desires.
Katherine Angel is the author of Tomorrow Sex Will Be Good Again (Verso), Daddy Issues (Peninsula Press, Verso), and Unmastered: A Book on Desire: Most Difficult to Tell (Penguin, FSG). She runs the MA in Creative and Critical Writing at Birkbeck College, University of London, and has a PhD from Cambridge University.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Katherine began working on her new book
- What is the most idealistic way to approach consent?
- The lack of representation of consent within sex education
- Why many women aren’t full connected with their sexual selves
- Looking at why women are frightened to talk about sexual pleasure
- How do different cultures around the world play into these issues?
- Cultivating your sexuality and vulnerability
- Overcoming sexual shame
- How you can empower your desires
Thank you to our sponsor OMGyes! OMGyes.com is a website devoted to sexual pleasure for people with vulvas and their partners. OMGYES conducts and publishes the first-ever nationally representative large-scale studies about specific pleasure strategies, in partnership with Indiana University and Kinsey Institute researchers.
See for yourself and get a discount at - https://OMGyes.com/sexologyClinicians, therapists and nurses get free personal access to OMGYES. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org from your work email address with a link to your professional profile.
Find Katherine Angel Online
Find Dr. Moali online
Find me on social media
Sex Quiz for Women
Be part of our sexual health research survey
Take this survey so we can find out what topics you’d like us to cover in the future:
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio