Manage episode 284853120 series 2875607
Sexy Spirituality Episode #24
Guest: Eamon Duffy
We chat about the amazing relationships and connections that come from conventions and retreats. Sonia and Eamon originally met at a ministerial school retreat. Lezli first met our earlier guest Masando Hiraoka at a similar retreat. These relationships are so key to building strong ministries.
- Eamon Duffy is the director of The Mens Ministry, a natural outgrowth from 25 years of men's work and 25 years of Science of Mind. It's his way to pay it forward, supporting the community of New Thought and men.
- Asking what was his to do, his inner meditation voice said, "Duh, silly...this is what you know how to do!"
- Eamon has a new book, The Blessing Circle, which gives step-by-step instructions for starting and building a men's group. It gives specific activities and ideas about how to build trust and help men open up. It is designed to make the process easy.
- When creating a men's group, Eamon advises getting the minister involved. Their support is key.
- Try starting out with a low-key social gathering. Just start it with a pizza night or a social event after Sunday service. That's an easier entry point for some men.
- These circles are designed to be an ongoing program, to allow for the time to create connection and allow for healing, sharing and opening of the heart.
- What is the value of having a group of all men? There are biological, neurological and sociological differences. It can be easier for some people to build these skills in a more homogeneous group. Once the skills are there, it can absolutely also work in a more heterogeneous group.
- One of the biggest challenges is the Lone Wolf Syndrome, the societal idea that men need to be strong and self-sufficient, never needing help from anyone. It's an unhealthy belief, and groups like this help men break out of that box.
- 1 out of every 10 people say they don't have even one close friend. We need connection to move through life.
I am offering conscious business coaching packages for conscious entrepreneurs that are looking to both do good and do well. Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at my website www.soniabyrne.com
I have a new book coming out in March! Built on Faith: Transform Your Life Through Affirmative Prayer is the complete how-to book I wish I'd had when I was learning affirmative prayer. Whether you are a student learning or a teacher looking for a great textbook for your prayer classes, this just may be the book for you. Find out more at www.lezligoodwin.com/builtonfaith
EamonWe are having the Southwest New Thought Mens Gathering March 22 to 24. Register by Feb 22. (this week). You can find out more on our website www.thenmensministry.org Be sure to sign up for the newsletter. If you would like a copy of The Blessing Circle Book , go to Contact and type in your address. Donate 20.00 to the Mens Ministry and I will send a book out to you.
We'll see you February 25 for our next episode of Sexy Spirituality. Share your thoughts with us at email@example.com.