SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast: The Good Life Approach - Your weekly podcast with the little extra Solution Focus for your daily life!
SFP 101 – Being most useful for our clients: Single session telephone therapy and more with Beverley Kort
Manage episode 264790020 series 2115681
SFP 101 - Episode 101: Being most useful for our clients: Single session telephone therapy and more with Beverley Kort
by Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Simply Focus Podcast |36:21http://www.sfontour.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/SFP-101-Being-most-useful-for-our-clients-Single-session-telephone-therapy-and-more-with-Beverley-Kort.m4a
“It’s always been really important to me in my practice to have feedback from my clients and not to fool myself about whether I am doing a good job.”
“I am sure you have a very good reason why you do that and it may not be giving you the result, but you must be hoping for a result that’s gonna make it better for you.”
“One of the things we forget is that people with pre-existing mental health problems, have such tool kit of things that they have learnt over the years.”Beverley Kort
In today’s episode, we talk with Beverley Kort, Solution Focused Practitioner, registered Psychologist in private practice and Therapist about
- what fascinates her about Solution Focus,
- constantly learning and staying curious about our practice,
- doing telephone therapy with Solution Focus,
- the condensed version of Solution Focused Possibilities and Beverley’s adaptions in her work,
- vicarious resilience,
- the research she is doing together with Adam Froerer and Cecil R. Walker about SF, common factors, and principles of change,
- the reflecting team that she uses in different situations.
- The Challenge of the Week: Be really generous with yourself when you say to yourself that you are doing something wrong and ask yourself: “What is my good reason? And what would I like to see instead?”
- Check out Beverley’s website and learn more about her work here.
- You can also connect with Beverley Kort on Instagram and enjoy her cartoons.
- Check out Elliott Connie’s SFU and learn more about the SFU conference in Taos where we briefly talked with Beverley as well.
- You might also be interested in the podcasts we did with
- Elliott Connie – Episode 24: Being in Love with Love: Interview with Elliott Connie
- Adam Froerer – Episode 57: Our Perception matters: How to be minutely curious about clients being at their best with Adam Froerer
- Scott Miller – Episode 36: Deliberate Practice: Reflecting Solution Focused Development with Scott D. Miller
- Check out the work of SF Possibilities with Biba Rebolj, Greg Oberbeck and Ben Scott.
- Learn more about Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs and her SolutionFocused institute of South Africa.
- If you would like to learn more about vicarious resilience you might want to check out the chapter Vicarious Resilience in the book Solution-Focused Brief Therapy with Clients Managing Trauma by Adam S. Froerer, Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs, Johnny S. Kim and Elliott E. Connie.
- Stay tuned for Beverley’s research with Adam Froerer and Cecil Walker “Creating a common language how solution focused brief therapy reflects current principles of change in common factors” in the JSFP – Journal of Solution Focused Practice.
- Here you can find the paper of Marvin R. Goldfried that Beverley referred to Obtaining Consensus in Psychotherapy: What Holds Us Back?
- Learn more about the Jewish Family Service Agency of Vancouver where Beverley was board member and president for many years.
- Check out the website of The Solution-Focused Collective. You can also connect with the SF Collective in the Facebook-Group @solfocollective.
- EBTA paper (a draft in progress): Theory of solution-focused practice.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Beverley and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Listen to more Simply Focus Podcast episodes:
The post SFP 101 – Being most useful for our clients: Single session telephone therapy and more with Beverley Kort appeared first on SF on tour.