SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast: The Good Life Approach - Your weekly podcast with the little extra Solution Focus for your daily life!
SFP 103 – Staying up to Date: The Journal of Solution Focused Practices with Prof. Sara Jordan and David Hains
Manage episode 266200212 series 2115681
SFP 103 - Episode 103: Staying up to date: The Journal of Solution Focused Practices with Sara Jordan and David Hains
by Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Simply Focus Podcast |48:47http://www.sfontour.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SFP-103-Staying-up-to-date-The-Journal-of-Solution-Focused-Practices-with-Prof.-Sara-Jordan-and-David-Hains.m4a
“We offer the ability for people using lots of different methods, and lots of different types of observations to contribute to the evidence-base.”
In today’s episode, we talk with Sara Jordan, Associate Professor of Couple and Family Therapy at the University of Las Vegas, Nevada, as well as Chief Editor of the Journal of Solution Focused Practices (JSFP) and David Hains, President of the Australasian Solution Focused Association (ASFA), about
- what fascinates David and Sara about Solution Focus,
- the start of the journal and the new developments to the Journal of Solution Focused Practices,
- their best hopes for the journal,
- how they support people to write for the journal,
- the sustainability of the journal and the financial support,
- the different ways of how SF organizations and people (can) contribute to the journal,
- showing that Solution Focus is an evidence-based practice,
- the scientific discourse and the advantages of the JSFP,
- a journal for practitioners who want to stay up to date.
- The Challenge of the Week: Become familiar with JSFP, contribute to the journal, join the virtual launch, and check what you can do to promote the solution-focused approach.
- Learn more about the Journal of Solution Focused Practices (JSFP) and please consider donating to the journal.
- Here you can learn more about how to submit your paper to the journal.
- Check out the website of the Australasian Solution Focused Association (ASFA) (former AASFBT) and the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Association (SFBTA).
- A big THANK YOU to everyone who have been contributing to the journal with their time and effort and to all the organisations, institutions and individuals that contributed to the journal financially so far!
- The journal aspires to harness the diversity inherent within the SF community to assist in building and publishing a journal of the highest standard. Here you can find the JSFP Diversity and Inclusion Statement as well as the JSFP Statement regarding Social Priviledge.
- Connect with the Journal of Solution Focused Practices on Facebook and stay tuned about any news.
- Learn more about the University of Las Vegas, Nevada, and their Couple and Family Therapy program.
- Join the Re-LAUNCH Party of the Journal of Solution Focused Practices (JSFP) on July 28, 2020.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Sara and David and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Listen to more Simply Focus Podcast episodes: